Monday 3 February 2014

My Take on a French Pleat…Eccentric.

So after we learnt how to create a French Pleat in our workshop with Seema, we were told to go away and create our own versions of a French Pleat, however…incorporating elements from the words we had previously researched styles for.

Eccentric:

First of all I created a basic french pleat, which on its own looks very feminine, soft and tidy. When researching Eccentric hairstyles on Pinterest, big shapes and messy styles were the main things that stood out to me. I think if you were to look at this style as a silhouette, the wispy hair would create an abstract image.  So to create an Eccentric take on a french pleat, I left the back of the french pleat fairly tidy, but created a lot of messy volume and shape at the front of the head, as I also thought this linked in with Miss Havishams unpolished overall style.  The front of the style also doesn't have a very structured shape, its uneven and unusual, which reflects Miss Havishams personality. 









No comments:

Post a Comment