Thursday 13 February 2014

My Miss Havisham Face Charts


1. For my first Miss Havisham design I wanted to create quite an aged look, with extreme contouring to make the face look slim and gaunt from her malnutrition.  I would start the look with a pale base, adding ageing lines to the face too, as well as contouring the face with a shade of muddy brown to make the face look dirty, seeing as she has very poor hygiene.  To exemplify her struggle with love and heartache which would of caused her stress, therefore aged her quicker, I would add add lines on her forehead, crows feet around the eyes and fine lines around the mouth.  To create tired looking eyes, I would blend red and brown tones and apply to the upper lid and lower lash line, bringing the colour down to create bags.  To finish the look I would create sore lips, using duo glue to create the effect of cracked skin and sores. 



2.  This is my second design, and my favourite so far.  For this look, I wanted to create a really sore effect to the face, especially to the lips.  I came up with this idea not only because Miss Havisham would have been exposed to many different illnesses and diseases from her malnutrition but also because she may have been biting her lips over the years out of anticipation, and also because she couldn't express her heartache to anyone, it would have almost been like a nervous twitch.  I would start this look with a pale base that has a slight grey tint, this should create an ill looking Miss Havisham.  I would also contour and add age lines like my previous look.  This time I would intensify the red tones under the eyes, to make them look sore, I would add some vaseline to make them look puffy. To finish the looks, again I would use duo glue to create sores, I would create the redness using colours from my Supra Colour Palette. 


3. For my final idea I thought of creating a very dark look, using lots of greys and blacks, colours that are associated with darkness, much like Miss Havishams dark, dull life. I would still start with a pale base, but incorporate lots of blue and purple tones into this look.  I wouldn't add the cores to this idea, instead purely focusing on adding colour.  I decided to use blues and purples, this creates a cold effect, suggesting that Miss Havisham has been stuck in her home for too many years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment