Monday 3 February 2014

My Take on a French Pleat 2… Romantic.

When I think of the word 'Romantic', soft waves, loose curls and pretty accessories come to mind.  Romance also reminds me of love, therefore I would imagine that Miss Havisham would of chosen a romantic hairstyle for her wedding, even if it doesn't look that way from her portrayal in Great Expectations, but you have to remember she was jilted at the alter.  To me, a French Pleat seems to be quite a 'Romantic' style anyway.  To emphasise this even further, I first loosened the French Pleat a little from the back and sides. 
After I had created the loose French Pleat, I took sections at the front of the head, and loosely curled these bits of hair.  I think that hair around the face really softens the style and creates a more elegant look than if the hair was pulled away from the face.  To add another 'Romantic' touch,  I cut up some red ribbon, created small bows and secured these at the side of the French Pleat with bobby pins to create a pretty, feminine accessory. 






No comments:

Post a Comment