Monday 17 February 2014

Incorporating Flowers into My Miss Havisham Re-Creation

As Miss Havisham was jilted at the alter, I thought about incorporating some kind of flowers into my design.  I thought of using flowers, as I'm sure she would have been carrying a bouquet.  Even though the flowers would have decayed over time, I still thought the idea of dead flowers would be really abstract and interesting, as dead flowers obviously symbolise the death of something…and in this case it is the death of Miss Havishams love.


Image Credit: (Online) Available at: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507217976755011221/.  Accessed 17 February 2014.

This bouquet of flowers is the kind of thing that would be perfect to use as a prop.  The flowers aren't full of life and pretty, they are dead and dull, and don't look aesthetically pleasing.  This mirrors the traits and visual appearance of Miss Havisham. 


Image Credit:  Dead Roses | Flickr - Photo Sharing. (Online) Available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/moofyboof/2990585558/.  Accessed 17 February 2014.

Roses in particular are the flowers I would like to use as a prop as they are supposed to symbolise love. The flowers in the above picture have died, so they look limp and dull, again just like Miss Havisham.  Using roses allows all the elements of Miss Havishams life to link together.

No comments:

Post a Comment