Wednesday 12 February 2014

Miss Havisham Make Up Inspiration 2- Pinterest and Own Experiments.

To gather more inspiration for my Miss Havisham Make Up, I have been finding Pinterest really interesting. The pictures below show a few ideas of the components I have in mind for my final Miss Havisham look. 


Image Credit: Daphne Selfe - model. Aged 81 She does not ... | Miss Havisham Make …. (Online) Available at: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507217976755011306/.  Accessed 17 February 2014.

This image caught my eye as I don't want my Miss Havisham to look too theatrically aged, I thought this was a good example of the skin looking slightly aged, but not overly dramatic.  The main elements I want to add are a grey tone to the skin, and extreme contouring to make the face look gaunt and ill.  The fine lines are around the mouth, and the model does have slight crows feet which I would like to add to my model. 


Image Credit: Victorian Gothic | Miss Havisham Make Up Inpiration. (Online) Available at: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507217976755011337/.  Accessed 17 February 2014.

This image is an example of the gaunt look I want to achieve for my re-creation of Miss Havisham. I will use dark browns to contour under the cheek bones, and anywhere where the bone structure could be enhanced to make the face look ill and slim.  


Image Credit:  Sfx makeup. | Miss Havisham Make Up Inpiration. (Online) Available at: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/507217976755011309/.  Accessed 17 February 2014.

These images portray an idea that I came up with, the idea that Miss Havisham has been in silence for many years about being jilted at the alter.  I thought this idea would be really interesting, not only are the lips sore from her malnutrition, but they are stitched together…meaning she has never been able to express her feelings to the outside world. 


These dry lips were actually created by myself using Duo Lash Glue.  I really liked this idea and will definitely be using this for my Final Miss Havisham look.  The idea behind the dry lips was not only the fact that Miss Havisham is extremely malnourished, but also the fact she may have been biting her lips in anticipation for many years, as she has not been able to visit the outside world, or talk to anyone about her feelings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment