Friday 21 February 2014

Practising Miss Havisham's Sore Lips...


Two of my face charts incorporate dry, sore lips.  To get better at the look I wish to create, I thought I would practise creating the look at home. 

1. To start, I added a sheer laying of red from my Supra Colour Palette onto my lips using clean fingers, I found that using your fingers give you the best effect, as it doesn't give a perfect application like a brush would, and a messy look was what I was aiming for.  

2. Next, I applied duo glue all over the lips also using my fingers, applying it thicker in some places.  I then let this dry, you know when its dry when you can see no product, as the glue dries clear.

3. After this, I gently picked the glue creating tears and flakes which exemplifies what would be dry, cracked skin. 

4. To finish the sore looking skin,  I applied shades of red and black over the glue.  The red shows the current sore skin, and I found the black created the effect of dried blood. 






No comments:

Post a Comment