Sunday 2 March 2014

Estella Make Up Inspiration...

For my Estella Make Up look, I wanted to keep to the theme of natural, subtle beauty.  As my main words for Estella were misunderstood and romantic, I wanted to keep the make up really simple, with a pop of colour on the lips, to particularly bring out the 'Romantic' aspect.  To get some inspiration for my  designs, I turned to Pinterest, Pinterest has been so helpful in finding inspiration for this project as there is such a variety of images. 


The main aspect of this image that caught my eye was the pop of colour on the lips,  the red/orange colour really stands out with the simple eyes.  As the Victorians weren't exposed to many Make Up products, i'm sure they used minimal eye make up.  However, I am aware they used rouge on the lips and cheeks.  To bring in these Victorian elements, I will use a pop of colour on the lips, but maybe more of an orange toned red to give it a slight contemporary twist.


The flawless base from this Make Up, is what I hope to create for my Estella re-creation.  I see Estella as a young, misunderstood character, so a pale, flawless base would help to portray this.  This is also portrayed in the photo below, this picture also shows the matching colour that many Victorian women used on their cheeks and lips. 



No comments:

Post a Comment