Sunday 2 March 2014

Estella Hair Inspiration...

For my Estella Hair Design, I want to keep it quite minimalistic, with soft detailing around the front of the face.  I don't want wall the hair pulled away from the face, as I think this will create quite a harsh look, whereas I want to keep the look very soft and romantic to portray the misunderstood side of Estella's personality. 


I am using this picture for inspiration, purely because of the soft waves framing the face.  I really like this style, and will definitely be incorporating into my final design.  This style of curl/wave is a lot more dainty than a ringlet or marcell wave, and will be perfect for a romantic hairstyle. 


To keep to a slight Victorian theme, I thought adding a high bun would be a good option as this gives the style a bigger shape than simply having the hair down, as up-dos were very popular during the Victorian era.  By creating a bun, I also thought I could bring some of the hair from the front of the style and pin this loosely back, to create a style that flows nicely. 



Another element I would like to use in my Estella design, is some kind of accessories.  This adds a feminine touch to the style, and after all, Estella did sometimes come across as a fairly feminine woman.  For my design, I would like to use bows, or butterflies, which will give my look a unique edge to others. 

Image Credit: All images available from Pinterest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment