Sunday 26 January 2014

Researching Real Life Cuts, Bruises and Aged Skin...

During the next few weeks in our practical lessons, we will be learning how to create Cuts and Bruises using Make Up as well as learning theatrical ageing techniques on the hands and face.  To give me a better idea as to how to create these in the most realistic way possible, I thought I would do a little bit of research into real life Cuts and Bruises, which I believe will help me with creating realistic coloration, shape etc. 

Cuts and Grazes:










First Image Credit: (Online) Available at: http://www.premedhealthcare.ltd.uk/cms/images/stories/training_images/wounds007.jpg. Accessed 26 January 2014.

Second Image Credit: (Online) Available at: http://www.reskin.eu/files/skin/skin_in_trouble/abrasions.jpeg. Accessed 26 January 2014.

After scrolling through various pages of different cuts and grazes (yuck!), I have found that cuts are primarily very red, with tones of purple and black where maybe parts of the cut have scabbed over.  Many cuts also have scratches around them, which create jagged looking lines around the main wound.  I have also noticed that to create the most realistic cut, there is usually a yellowish, white substance around the cut.

Bruises: 


So this bruise here is actually one that I managed to give myself the other day! I have found that bruises have a lot more purple and green tones to them than cuts, where the main colours are red and pink.  Where the blood vessels have burst I have also noticed that you get little purple/black dots in the bruise.  I believe these details are really important when it comes to creating realistic wounds. 

Aged Skin:


Image Credit: How Young Is Your Skin? -Anti Aging Blog. (Online) Available at: http://www.reviewantiaging.com/antiaging/how-young-is-your-skin/494/. Accessed 26 January 2014.

In this photo you can really see the difference between a younger skin and an older skin.  The aged skin has a few wrinkles and many fine lines around the lips and the eyes.  There are also more prominent bags under the older ladies eyes, and the lips have started to become thinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment